ECRA organises events, meetings and other exchange formats. On this site, you find an overview over past and upcoming ECRA events. For more information on ECRA activities, go to Collaborative Programmes.
U P C O M I N G E V E N T S
- [ECRA-CP-ARC] How can understanding climate change in the Arctic help us predict extreme weather and abrupt climate changes across Europe? | online, 14 Oct 2020, 13:30 | co-organised by ECRA, BlueAction, EBCD Intergroup | http://ecra-climate.eu/13-publications/213-blueaction-ecra-ig-event
- [ECRA-CP-HIE] Workshop on extremes | Brussels, BE, to be announced...
- Third edition of ClimateuropeFestival organised by Climateurope | online Riga, Latvia, June, Sept, Oct 16-18 June 2020 | Participation of ECRA | https://www.climateurope.eu/events-climateurope/festival/Climat europe-festival-2020/d | Four "webstivals" in June, Sept, Oct 2020
- [ECRA-CP-SLC] | workshop 9-11 September 2020, TBD | date for a workshop on Sea Level Change to be announced...
- 3rd International Conference on 'Polar Climate and Environmental Change in the Last Millennium' | Toruń, PL, 24-26 September 2020 | https://polarclimate2020.umk.pl
- Big Data in Marine Science | Brussels, BE, 23 October 2020 | hosted by the European Marine Board | https://www.marineboard.eu/7th-marine-board-forum
- Second EU Research and Innovation Days | Brussels, BE, 22-24 Sept 2020 | https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/events/upcoming-events/european-research-and-innovation-days_en
- EMS - European Meteorological Society - Annual Meeting | Bratislava, SK, 07-11 September 2020 | https://www.ems2020.eu/ / CANCELLED
- Arctic Futures Symposium | Brussels, BE, 30 Nov, 01+02 December 2020 | https://www.arcticfutures.org/programme
- Second JPI Climate Scoping Forum Symposium (SFS) | Hamburg, DE, 09-10 December 2020 | hosted by GERICS - save the date!
- 2020 United Nations Oceans Conference | Lisbon, PT, 02-06 June 2020 | https://oceanconference.un.org/ | POSTPONED (date unknown)
- ECRA General Assembly - 10 year anniversary of ECRA | Brussels, BE, 10-11 March 2021 | Save the date for our 10 year anniversary General Assembly! The ECRA GA is postponed to 8-9 March 2022! On 10 March 2021, we organise an online event: for more information, see event page ecra-climate.eu/10y.
- CCCA (Climate Change Center Austria): 21. Klimatag | Leoben, AT, 12-13 April 2021 02-04 Sept 28-30 April 2020 | „Clash of Cultures? Klimaforschung trifft Industrie!“ | https://ccca.ac.at/dialogformate/oesterreichischer-klimatag/klimatag-2020 POSTPONED
- International Conference on Regional Climate Model Simulations ICRCMS | Paris, FR, 19-20 April 2021 | https://www.conferenceindex.org/event/international-conference-on-regional-climate-model-simulations-icrcms-2021-april-paris-fr
- EGU 2021 | Vienna, AT, 25-30 April 2021 | https://egu2021.eu/
- [ECRA-CP-CHC] Extreme events, water and environments | Tours, FR, 24-28 May 2021 | Réseau Midi - Milieux & Biodiversité | https://rtrmidi.univ-tours.fr/accueil/ | ECRA contributions | see event site on the ECRA website
- ECCA 2021, the European Climate Change Adaptation conference | Ljubljana, SI, ?? May 2021 | organised by JPI Climate and SINCERE
- 52nd Liège Colloquium on Ocean Dynamics – Towards understanding and assessing human impacts on coastal marine environments | Liege, BE, 17-21 May 2021 | http://labos.ulg.ac.be/gher/home/colloquium/
- EMS - European Meteorological Society - Annual Meeting 2021 | Barcelona, ES, 06-10 September 2021 | https://www.emetsoc.org/events/ems-annual-meetings/ and https://10times.com/ems-annual-meeting-barcelona
- UNFCCC COP26 | Glasgow, UK, 09-20 November 2020 November 2021 | https://unfccc.int/news/cop26-postponed POSTPONED from autumn 2020
- ECRA General Assembly | Brussels, BE, 8-9 March 2022 | originally planned for 10-22 March 2021 and now postponed on 8-9 March 2022, the 10 year ECRA General Assembly anniversary event. event page: ecra-climate.eu/ECRA_GA22
- EMS - European Meteorological Society - Annual Meeting 2022 | Bonn, DE, 05-09 September 2022 | https://www.emetsoc.org/events/ems-annual-meetings/
P A S T E V E N T S
2 0 2 0
13th International Conference on “Energy and Climate Change” | Athens, Greece (online), 9 October 2020 | Participation of ECRA: Peter Braesicke, speaker
European Meteorological Society | Bratislava, SK, 7–11 September 2020 | CANCELLED
SCAR 2020 Online | online, 03-07 August 2020 | https://leishman.eventsair.com/cmspreview/scar-online-2020/program
EGU General Assembly | Vienna, AT, 03-08 May 2020 | https://www.egu2020.eu/
[ECRA-CP-SLC] OS2.5: Advances in Understanding of the Multi-Disciplinary Dynamics of the Southern European Seas (Mediterranean and Black Sea) | Convener: Gianmaria Sannino, Co-conveners: Arthur Capet, Katrin Schroeder | Abstract submission and information: https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/36176
10 Jahre Deutsches Klima-Konsortium – integratives Wissen für Gesellschaft, Wirtschaft und Umwelt | Berlin, DE, 23 April 2020 | https://www.deutsches-klima-konsortium.de/dkk-jt CANCELLED
[ECRA-CP-SLC] [JPI Climate] Meeting on Knowledge Hub on Sea Level Rise | online, 22-23 April 2020
JPI Climate: Action Group: Next Generation Climate Science - scoping workshop on climate extremes (internal event) | April 2020 | involvement of ECRA
Arctic Observing Summit | 31 March - 02 April 2020 | https://arcticobservingsummit.org/aos-2020-registration-and-travel-information
[JPI Climate] Action Group "Greenhouse Gases: emissions, removals and management systems" (GHG Balance) organises a workshop on the operations for a Knowledge Hub on carbon neutrality | Oslo, NO, 18-19 March 2020 | more information on request
ECRA Executive Committee meeting | Brussels, BE, 10 March 2020 | internal event
Arctic Frontiers | Tromsø, NO, 26-30 January 2020 | https://www.arcticfrontiers.com/event/arctic-frontiers-2020-power-of-knowledge/
2 0 1 9
[ECRA-CP-HIE] Hilppa and Martin: reviewers and editors of the Journal of Sustainability. More information: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/special_issues/High_Impact_Events
COP25, Conference of the Parties | Mardrid, ES, 2-13 December | https://unfccc.int/cop25 | representation of ECRA
[ECRA-CP-HIE] European Windstorm Workshop | Birmingham, UK, 09 December 2019 | C3S Operational Windstorm Service. Workshop on Windstorm Products for the Insurance Sector and review of requirements for subsequent activities. Contact us for more information.
Helmholtz Climate Event “Understanding tomorrow’s climate: What science can tell us” | Brussels, BE, 26 November 2019
[ECRA-CP-SLC] Climate change and energy transition in the Mediterranean: cross fertilization | Palaiseau, FR, 21-22 November 2019 | The MISTRALS program together with Ecole polytechnique and Ecole polytechnique Executive Education organize this 2-day conference to create a meeting ground for the interaction of researchers, industrials and public authorities, to exchange mix views on the implementation of a sustainable energy transition compatible with international negotiations in the Mediterranean area. | https://exed.polytechnique.edu/en/formations/climate-change-and-energy-transition-mediterranean-65291
Business and research conference: Making Climate Services a Reality in Europe | Brussels, BE, 13-14 November 2019 | https://www.climateservices.biz/
[ECRA-CP-HIE] 8th European Windstorm Workshop | Birmingham, UK, 28-30 October 2019 | Interdisciplinary workshops help bridge state-of-the-art breakthroughs in sciences to the practical implementation in risk modeling | More information: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/mds-cpd/conferences/windstorm-workshop/index.aspx | ECRA participation
[ECRA-CP-CHC]/[ECRA-secr] Norwegian-Bavarian Workshop on Future Opportunities within Energy, Climate and Environment | Munich, DE, 23-24 October, 2019 | Ralf Ludwig and Winfried Hoke https://www.bayfor.org/en/public-relations/norwegian-bavarian-workshop-on-future-opportunities-within-energy-climate-and-environment-international-cooperation-in-horizon-2020.html,v574 (no longer accessible)
Royal Meteorological Society: Atmospheric Science Conference 2019 | Birmingham, UK, 02-03 July 2019 | https://www.rmets.org/event/atmospheric-science-conference-2019 | ECRA participipation
18th ECRA Executive Committee Meeting | Brussels, BE, 08 October 2019 | Internal event
European Commission: European Research and Innovation Days | Brussels, BE, 24-26 September 2019 | Discussing and framing the upcoming Horizon Europe Framework. More information: https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/events/upcoming-events/european-research-and-innovation-days_en
Congress for Climate Change, Communication and Society, organised by Austrian CCCA | Karlsruhe, DE, 24- 25 September 2019 | focus strongly on different kinds of climate communication, participation of ECRA | More information (in German): https://k3-klimakongress.org/
REKLIM: International Conference "Our Climate - Our Future: Regional Perspectives on a Global Challenge" | Berlin, DE, 23-25 September 2019 | https://www.reklim-conference-2019.de | ECRA participation
ERA4CS mid-term meeting | Brussels, BE, 17-18 September 2019 | ECRA participation
[ECRA-CP-HIE] EMS Annual Meeting 2019 (European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology) | Copenhagen, DK, 9-13 September 2019 | Martin Drews participated in the event, and convened the session "ES1.4 From hazards to impacts: understanding the mechanisms behind single and compound climate events" with numerous participants. More information: page 109 at the meeting programme available at https://www.ems2019.eu/ems2019-programme-book.pdf .
[ECRA-CP-CHC] ECRA Special Issue in the journal “Sustainability” on High Impact Events & Climate Change (guest editing & editorial: Martin Drews & Hilppa Gregow | May 2019
[ECRA-CP-SLC] Knowledge Hub on Sea Level Change | Brussels, BE, March 2019 | Scoping meeting, initiated by JPI Climate and the subgroup ‘Next Generation Climate Science’ and participation of ECRA
Effective research management – What does that mean? (l) // EOS3.1 Convener: Sebastian Hettrich, W. Hoke co-convener. // Poster session
[ECRA-CP-HIE] 14:00–15:45[ECRA-CP-HIE] High Impact Events and Climate Change (co-organized) an ITS session on High Impact Events and Climate Change (l) // Convener: Martin Drews, P. Braesicke, H. Gregow, K. Madsen // Orals: Room L7 (Posters: Wed)
Oral session SMP1: Research Project Management - challenges and solutions. (l) // Selected speakers from abstracts SMPI
WINDSURFER: Wind and Wave for Forestry, Offshore Energy and Reinsurance (l) // Convener: Len Shaffrey
Make sense of the mess: How to keep your research project on track (l) // SC1.38 Project lecture Luisa Cristini (AWI), W. Hoke co-convener
How to apply for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grants: Individual Fellowship and European Training Network (l) // SC3.10 Orals
[ECRA-CP-CHC] Changes in the Hydrological Cycle - a Collaborative Programme of the European Climate Research Alliance (ECRA) (l) // Convener: Elisa Palazzi and Ralf Ludwig // on invitation
[ECRA-CP-SLC] Advances in Understanding of the Multi-Disciplinary Dynamics of the Southern European Seas (Mediterranean and Black Sea) (l) // Convener: Gianmaria Sannino, Co-conveners: Arthur Capet, Alexander Mikaelyan, Katrin Schroeder, Emil Stanev. More information // Room 1.85 Orals (Posters Thu)
The role of Atlantic heat transport in future Arctic winter sea ice loss (l) // Marius Årthun, Tor Eldevik, and Lars H. Smedsrud
South-to-North: Variability and connectivity along the oceanic current systems from the South Atlantic to the North Atlantic and into the Arctic Ocean (l) // OS1.4/CL2.05 Convener: Léon Chafik et al. // Orals Room 1.85 // Posters
17th ECRA Executive Committee Meeting | Brussels, BE, 28 February, 2019
2 0 1 8
[ECRA-Secr] Publication of ECRA paper on 'The European Climate Research Alliance (ECRA): Collaboration from bottom-up' EGU Journal ADGEO | published on 17 January 2019: https://www.adv-geosci.net/46/1/2019/
[ECRA-CP-CHC] AGU 2018 | Washington, DC, USA, 10-14 December, 2018 | GC039: Large Ensemble Climate Model Simulations: Exploring Natural Variability, Climate Change Signal, Extremes and Compounds at various Spatio-Temporal Scales (Ralf Ludwig)
Nordic Solutions for Robust Societies - Nordic Conference on Climate Change Adaptation | Norrköping, SE, 23-25 October, 2018 | https://www.smhi.se/en/news-archive/nordic-conference-on-climate-change-adaptation-1.131895
[ECRA-CP-CHC] GEO-Week 2018 | Kyoto, JPN, 29 Oct - 02 Nov, 2018 | GEO-GNOME (global network on observations and information in the mountain environments) (Elisa Palazzi)
[ECRA-CP-ARC] FAMOS Workshop on future coordination of Arctic science across Europe and with the USA | Bergen, NO, 23-26 Oct, 2018 | (https://famosarctic.com/index.html) participation by Lars Henrik Smedsrud
SISC Sixth Annual Conference | Venice Mestre, IT, 17-19 Oct, 2018 | Recent trends in climate sciences, adaptation and mitigation, charing of Session by Elisa Palazzi
[ECRA-Secr] Climateurope Festival 2018 | Belgrade, RS, 17-19 October, 2018 | Winfried Hoke | https://www.climateurope.eu/
[ECRA-CP-HIE] 7th European Windstorm Workshop | KIT, Karlsruhe, DE, 10-12 October, 2018 http://www.stormworkshops.org/
16th ECRA Executive Committee Meeting | Brussels, BE, 20 September, 2018. (open/internal event)
The 3rd ICOS Science Conference | Prague, CZ, 11–13 Sept, 2018 | Sept (Hosted by CzechGlobe) https://conference.icos-ri.eu/programme/themes/
[ECRA-CP-HIE] Climate Changes: Regional Modeling, data analysis and uncertainties | L’Aquila, IT, 27–31 August, 2018 | Organsised by ECRA members. See information sheet here.
[ECRA-CP-SLC] Italian Workshop on Sea Level Rise in the Mediterranean | Rome, IT, 5-6 July, 2018 | Click here for the information sheet. (Gianmaria Sannino)
[ECRA-CP-SLC] Sea level workshop “Sea level futures” to celebrate the 85th anniversary of the Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) | Liverpool, UK, 2-4 July, 2018 | https://conference.noc.ac.uk/sea-level-futures-2018 | Gianmaria Sannino
[ECRA-CP-SLC] 6th ECRA Sea Level Change and Coastal Impacts CP Meeting | Liverpool, UK, 2 July, 2018; 4-6pm | Gianmaria Sannino
JPI Climate: Board Meeting | Ljubljana, SI, 30-31 May 2018 (ECRA participated)
[ECRA-CP-SLC]/[ECRA-CP-CHC] European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly 2018 | Vienna, AT, 8–13 April, 2018 | ECRA: Poster presentation on 11.April, Session X1.13. https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27270 See the presented poster here. Meeting of CP-SLC.
JPI Climate Scoping workshop | Paris, FR, 26-27 March, 2018 | ECRA participated
15th ECRA Executive Committee Meeting | Rome, IT, 14 March, 2018. (ECRA internal event)
International Conference Climate Change and WATER 2018 | Tours, FR, 5-7 February, 2018 | www.climatechangeandwater.org (ECRA Side Event)
2 0 1 7
14th ECRA Executive Committee Meeting | Brussels, BE, 09 October 2017
[ECRA-CP-SLC] 5th Meeting of ECRA CP-SLC | New York, USA, 11 July 2017 | Side Meeting of the International Conference on Regional Sea level change, Columbia University, sealevel2017.org
EPB Townhall Meeting at EGU 2017 (with ECRA contribution): Polar change and implications for mid-latitude weather – science and policy for society in Europe | Vienna, AT, 07 June 2017 | http://www.europeanpolarboard.org/news/article/120-summary-polar-change-and-implications-for-mid-latitude-weather-science-and-policy-for-society-in-europe/
Climateurope Climate Festival. Valencia, ES, 5-7 April 2017. More information at ecra-climate.eu/activities-events/outreach-events/climateurope-festival-2017.
ECRA General Assembly 2017. Brussels, BE, 7-8 March 2017. Conference documentation, speakers' presentations, and photos are available here.
13th ECRA Executive Committee Meeting | Brussels, BE, 08 March 2017.